23 January 2006

Clara Sullivan's "Dear Editor"

I enjoyed reading Clara Sullivan's "Dear Editor". I think the main reason is while she is writing asking for a copy of a magazine, I think she has an alterior motive. She is clearly aware that she is writing to the Progressive Labor News. I think that she wants to make her story known. I don't believe that she JUST wants a copy of that magazine. She wants her voice to be heard, and if by writing to the editor of the Progressive Labor News will do that, then I say more power to her. I think that she is an intelligent woman and this clearly shows that she knows how to make herself heard. "The truth will out someday." (Sullivan, 126).

Sullivan, Clara. Dear Editor. Calling Home: working class women's writings: an anthology edited and with an introduction by Janet Zandy. 124-126.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home