13 March 2006

Skyscraper 1/3

I am really enjoying this novel so far. The first chapter was a little rough, though. I wasn't really sure where the novel was going and what Baldwin was really talking about. After I got into it, however, I started to like it much more. There were only a few confusing areas where I wasn't sure of who was speaking (or even what they were speaking about) but I could usually figure it out if I re-read it a couple times. I think that I would like, and understand the novel a little more if Lynn was the narrator. Also, I wouldn't feel as disconnected with her.
This novel is very similar to Bread Givers in that Lynn and Sara are similiar characters working towards their similar goals of success, but Lynn actually enjoys what she does and she doesn't want to give it up for anyone... even the man that she loves. I admire her for her determination, much like Sara.
Things are beginning to change between Lynn and Sarah, her mothers friend and mentor, all because of a new man who has entered the story, Dwight, so I am very anxious to see what happens to their relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home