03 April 2006

Skyscraper to end

I really enjoyed reading this novel. After reading the first chapter I wasn't sure that I was going to like it, but after I got going I couldn't put it down. I finished the entire novel in one night. I was not surprised by the ending, in fact, I was very happy with it and it had ended in the exact manner that I had hoped. I would have been pretty upset if Lynn had ended up with Dwight! The funny thing, is that I sort of like Dwight in the beginning, but once I got to see what he was really like I couldn't stand him, and he actually reminded me of a few men that I know. I'm curious to see if other people felt the same way.
I think that the cultural work that this novel does, is that it gives women (of it's time, and of this time) that women are capable, of falling in love, holding a job, and being in a relationship, all at the same time. I think it was probably a little empowering to women of the time; hopeful maybe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home